Sunday, January 23, 2005

Just Getting Started

What's this blog about? Like any other blog, it's about whatever strikes me as worth sharing a thought about. It will not be completely thought out, and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

Hopefully, over time, it will reflect thoughts and ideas regarding life as a Christian in this modern world. I am forever challenged by C. S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia," where in the final book, The Last Battle, Aslan invites everyone to come further up and further into the new kingdom. I believe the Christian should always be seeking to move further up and further into the Kingdom of Jesus.

I doubt that this blog will be updated daily. Even if no one else ever sees it, at least it will help me think through things and try to communicate more effectively, whether in the pulpit, in individual conversations, or here, on the web.

I am calling this The Plodding Pilgrim, because like so many others, I am just plodding along in my Christian life. I am not where I think I should be, but I am sure trying to move a little further up and further in each day. There are a lot of preachers out there that seem so much more spiritual than I feel. I just have to rely on the idea that feelings aren't everything, and seek to move as best as I can, with God as my help. I suspect that I am not the only Christian or pastor that feels this way. Perhaps this blog will be a help to those who are plodding along . . .

2 comments:

Self Induced said...

...and help those who are plodding along on the "next blog" button, perhaps?

Milton Stanley said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Sure can appreciate the idea of not being where I want to be but "trying to move a little further up and further in each day." I'll be checking by your site from time to time for articles to link to on my preaching blog, http://transformingsermons.blogspot.com . Peace.